ABOUT US / ONLINE DATING SAFETY
- Only send messages to people you are interested in getting to know
- Be friendly and kind to others
- Keep dialogue on the dating website until you have built rapport
- Be yourself – imperfections and all
- Report any concerns to our moderators
- Respect others’ opinions and decisions
- Consult our Customer Care team for advice
- Don’t ‘spam’ a number of people with the same message
- Don’t be rude, lewd or offensive
- Don’t exchange contact details on a dating site until you’re ready to meet
- Don’t use fake, outdated or modified photos
- Don’t stand for abuse
- Don’t provoke or harass people
- Don’t respond harshly to rejection
Dating is fun but to ensure you do it in the safest way possible we have put together some golden rules to help you get the most out of your online dating journey.
- Never give money. If someone you are communicating with on a dating website asks you for money or your bank details they are likely to be a scammer.
If you have experienced monetary fraud on a dating site, report it to Action Fraud via their reporting tool here.
- Don’t give out your number. Wait until you know someone a little better before you share your contact details. If someone asks for your number straight away, politely decline.
- Report unwarranted behaviour. If you encounter a suspicious member on a dating site or someone has been rude to you, do not hesitate to report them to the Customer Care team using the report buttons on their profile or a message.
- Meet in a public place. When you meet another match.com member for the first time, do it in a public place like a bar or a café. Do not go to their home and do not give them your address.
- Arrange your own transport. Don’t let your date pick you up from your home on your first meeting. Check the time of the last train/bus/tube.
- Tell a friend. Inform someone you know and trust that you are going on a date and give them details of where you are going.
- Stay connected. Make sure your phone is charged before your date.
- Take action. If you have encountered an incident of a serious nature call the police straight away and report your experience to fantasies-desiredates.com by email: email@example.com
Our Customer Care team works hard to protect our members while keeping the site relaxed and enjoyable. To ensure that you have the safest experience, use your best judgement when dating.